a. Complete account information including name and addressb. Ordering provider's first and last namec. Patient name, date of birth, genderd. Patient's home phone number, including area codee. Collection date and timef. Billing/Insurance information, as necessary (include patient address, insurance plan/number, and policy holder name).g. List symptom description as ‘multiple med use’ and ICD-10 codesh. Patient address for lead reporting
- For specimens transported by PDS couriers:
2. When shipping specimens by commercial courier:
- Place the primary container(s) into a plastic bag. (Only one patient per bag.)
- Place the appropriate request form(s) outside of the plastic container, but inside the plastic bag.
- Then place the bag into a leak proof, temperature-controlled carrier for transport to ACL.
- The urine container is the primary container. Primary containers must be crush proof and appropriately sealed to prevent leakage.
- Plastic bags with a seal closure are provided by PDS. The secondary container should also include absorbent material to absorb the entire contents of the primary container should it break in transit.
- Cardboard mailing cartons are supplied by ACL. Group submissions should be packaged in cardboard boxes with enough packing material to prevent breakage. In all cases, the outer carton must be labeled with the universal biohazard symbol in accordance with Federal Regulation.